We have an open position for a bilingual (Spanish-English) paralegal. Paralegals assist attorneys by performing the following duties:
- Filling out immigration forms
- Taking client affidavits and statements
- Drafting simple motions for family and immigration court
- Drafting family court petitions for custody and guardianship cases
- Drafting letters and adjournment requests
- Translation of documents, including complex legal documents
- Appearances to the New York Asylum office as interpreters
- Heavy interaction with clients, in person and over the phone
- Two- or four-year college degree
- Verbal & written fluency in Spanish and English
- Ability to interpret and translate complex documents
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Very details-oriented and organized.
We offer a competitive salary, medical benefits, vacation, sick and holiday pay.